Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2006, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Peyton Manning

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what the point is there, but I know I didn't mention Tom Brady once in my post.

but just to reply - those stats show the 2 guys have had roughly the same completion %, Brady has a much better TD:INT ratio, and Peyton has thrown for more yards per game. I'm not sure what any of that means though.

[/ QUOTE ]

15-5 is not much better than 15-8, come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you take away the 2 playoff games against Bill Belichick

Manning 14 TD's and 3 INT's

[/ QUOTE ]

and then if you take away the 2 games vs the Broncos he's thrown 5 TD's and 3 INT's.

food for thought re: Peyton and the playoffs

in 9 career playoff games, Manning's Colts have scored LESS than 20 points 6 times (less than 7 points twice). They've scored 38 or more the other 3 times, skewing his total stats upward (though 2 of those games were blowout wins and the 'extra' stats are really "low leverage").

In 11 career playoff games, Brady's Patriots have less than 20 only twice.

Which team has had the better offense during the regular season? Which team has had the better offense during the playoffs? This isn't just about Peyton vs the Pats.

Look, I think Peyton Manning is incredible. But I think people pointing to his playoffs #'s as ok or nearly as good as Brady aren't really looking at the whole picture. This doesn't mean I think he's a choker or that he'll play poorly in the playoffs this year - but it does mean he has come up short more than the once or twice a lot of people would have you believe.