Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2006, 05:21 PM

Default Misdeal ruling regarding the button

Cross-posted from Home Games as recommended:
=====

Regarding misdeals preflop, I've read and understand that exposing the first or second hole cards results in a misdeal. Exposing other hole cards requires that dealing continues and the exposed card is replaced after the remaining cards are passed out and the exposed card is used as the burn card. I also understand that two or more exposed cards during the deal results in a misdeal.

A rule of which I haven't seen printed nor understand, but have on multiple occasions heard stated, is that an exposed card to the button is also a misdeal. The rational is because then using standard exposed card procedures, the button would receive two consecutive cards dealt. I guess this would technically only apply to the first hole card dealt to the button, because then he would get the last card plus immediately another to replace the exposed card.

Has anyone else heard this ruling, anyone else use this procedure, and better yet, any referrence to this in any ruleset?

thanks