Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2006, 07:38 PM

Default Where do you take your stud action now?

I saw a thread in here not too long ago where somebody was asking where to go for low limit stud action. I haven't seen an adequate response yet so I'm starting this new thread because I think what I have to say is important at this point in time and pretty accurate too.

I'm not affiliated with anybody.

If you are playing 1/2 and or 2/4 stud:
1. Stop playing at Pokerstars where they give virtually nothing back to their players. Do some research and find out what I mean.
2. Go to Absolute between 3PM-3AM for decent to good action at 1/2 and 2/4 level. The games are just as beatable and your action is much more "appreciated".

I've made a living playing stud for 6 of the last 8 years. I lost my "real" job of two years last December and had to rebuild my bankroll from scratch. When I was playing 1/2 and 2/4 stud last spring, Absolute was second only to Crypto when I played. Ongame was 3rd because of the rake, and I think I never played Pokerstars. I played a couple bonuses off on party during graveyard. This is the path I followed after (hopefully) thorough research and little experimentation. The best case scenario manifested itself immediately. That’s why I’m advocating Absolute at this point, since Crypto and Ongame are no longer available to U.S. players. There is no affiliation between me and them as previously stated.

The next thing I have to say is that World Poker Exchange is the place that all serious players (especially professionals) and recreational players alike, should be putting signicant time into to start and prop up games. They are pretty much at the top of the list for "incentives". If you don't like shorthanded and just want to find a "good game" you'll be dissapointed as of late but, this is important, don't give up! Keep checking every few weeks. Serious players are nuts if they aren't in there putting some time in every week. I go in there sometimes and prop the 1/2 just to see if it gets full, and it does occasionally. A few nights ago I 2-tabled a 6 handed and a 3 handed 5/10 game, it was only 1-2 hours but it‘s definitely something to take note of. If just a couple more people try to build these shorthanded games more often, the place will eventually get rolling. Those of you who were playing online around 2000 know what I'm talking about.
The landscape will probably change. New sites are going to appear and some places may increase their player incentives (Ultimate Bet comes to mind) to change this opinion radically overnight. But in the here and now this is how I see it.