Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2006, 08:00 PM

Default 50/100 overall hand analysis

hey people,

I do not play this high (in fact i play 5/10) but this a hand of a friend of mine that has been discussed on another notice board...

sorry about the conversion - none of the hand converters worked so i had to do it myself

Seat 2: HERO($5217.50 in chips)
Seat 3: Player 1 ($2029 in chips)
Seat 4: villain 1 ($2490.50 in chips)
Seat 6: villain 2 ($8189 in chips)
Player 1: posts small blind $25
villain 1: posts big blind $50
benping16: sits out

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [5h Ad]

villain 2 raises $50 to $100, HERO raises $50 to $150, Player 1 folds, villain 1 calls $100, villain 2: calls $50

*** FLOP *** [4c 3s Qh]
villain 1 checks, villain 2 checks, HERO checks

*** TURN *** [4c 3s Qh] [2h]
villain 1 checks, villain 2 checks, HERO bets $100, villain 1 raises $100 to $200, villain 2 raises $100 to $300, HERO raises $100 to $400, villain 1 calls $200, villain 2 calls $100

*** RIVER *** [4c 3s Qh 2h] [Jh]
villain 1: checks, villain 2 bets $100, HERO ?

My analysis of the hand initially is below.. how far off am i ? particularly interested in turn and river play as i realise preflop is a fold (at least i was sure it was)

fold preflop. unless bidhead is passive and u can win w/o showdown. (in that case i guess it doesn't matter what cards u have)

flop - after your aggression, i dont see how ur winning this pot without a c-bet (i do realise i free card is nice here but it shouts u have air so you are limiting urself to winning the pot on 4-7 outer. Very few people would check a monster here 3 handed.

Turn- u have near the nuts but due to two hearts u prob have to call villain 2's very scary check/3 bet as 56 is an unlikely holding and set/ flush draw combos are most likely...on the other hand ur hand isnt getting any stronger and u may be already behind ? is it a fold against sohero opponents? is capping correct here against two unknowns ?

River- against two opponents and considering the turn action this could be a fold in my opinion against non-maniac opponents (now the flush got there as well as the possibility either of them already had a better straight than u ?- especially seeing as u are not closing the action - a raise here would be absolute spewing of chips IMO (this was the original question)-

..or is the pot to big to fold ?