Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2006, 05:48 AM

Default Coldcalling 55

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
10 players
Converter

UTG have 29.81/7.69 in 104 hands, no actuall reads on him other than he plays to many strange hands.

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(7.5:2)</font>, 3 folds.

[i]I know that I had read in ITH that you can call this kind of hand if there are lots of callers but I didnt remember how many there needed to be. And I was hopping that the SB or at least the BB would call to.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.5SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(16.5:1)</font>.

When I got the flop I wanted I raised to get the whole field to pay of an extra bet, but the raiser raised again so they folded. I just called and waited to the turn to raise him.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

He keept on betting so I raised him.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12.75BB, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Some what of a scary river card since he showed strength the whole way and might be sitting with a big pocket pair, but its a value bet I cant miss right? And if he had checkraised me I would have to call down this big pot for 1 bet? Hopping that he overplayed AK or something and dont have 44,66 or KK

Results:
Final pot: 14.75BB
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows 5h 5c</font>
<font color="#ffffff">UTG mucks Td Ts</font>

How would you have played it?
Folded preflop?
Would you have coldcalled with more callers then?
More of a slowplay on the flop?
Capped the flop when two players folded?
What had you done if the villian would have checkraised the river?