Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2006, 10:35 PM

Default Big wins kinda eating up my emotions

I have been fricken killing 5-10, 10-20 NL online for the last 6 months. Ive only played part time and am up about 200k. It seems every fricken time I sit down for a couple few hours i make at leasta couple thousand. I then just won a tourny for 25k a couple days ago. I don't play tourny much anymore.. just on sunday.

Anyway... I am very excited about what is going on and I just want to tell everyone, but after telling a few people about my wins when i first started winning big I sensed jealousy. I'd be like dude I won 8k last night! And their reactions weren't very excited. So now I feel like I have all this emotion building up inside of me with the more I win because I don't tell anyone anymore.

I'm even forced to goto a counseler right now through the courts because of a 2nd dui. So i told her what was on my mind... basically just money. Then she went on about how she thinks im addicted to gambling and all this [censored] and im thinkin.. jesus.. anybody would want to play all the time if you were winning thousands per session. I dunno.. I just be ramblin.. any other successful players ever get this feeling?