Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2006, 07:09 PM

Default My NFL week 8 picks

I don't know teasers or over/under. I just look at points:

So many juicy lines, where to start...

Game 1: Jacksonville +6.5 vs Philadelphia - uh no. Philly has shown a wonderful tendency to choke away games, and to get scored on a lot late. I actually have Jacksonville as a solid favorite in this game. Jax has been a little up and down this year, beating ok Dallas and Pittsburgh and nearly beating Indy to start, but losing to Washington and Houston. Philly has powered to a 4-3 record on the strength of wins over the terrible three: Houston, San Fran, Green Bay along with a win over Dallas. They have lost to the Giants, New Orleans, and Tampa. When they face a good team, they lose.

Game 2: Seattle +6 vs Kansas City - the books are way way overreacting to the loss of Hasselbeck. Their backup has been in the system for years, and should be able to come in and give a decent performance. Alexander also may be back. Its hard to base much on their past performance due to injuries. KC is 3-3, but two wins have come against San Fran and Arizona, while they are a measly 1-3 against decent teams (Cincy, Denver, Pitt, San Diego).

Game 3: Baltimore +2.5 vs New Orleans - New Orleans owes me some money, and they are going to start paying it back right now by getting whomped by Baltimore. Baltimore is 4-2, but is 2-2 vs good teams (Tampa, San Diego, Denver, Carolina). New Orleans is somehow 3-1 against good teams but this is the week it all comes crashing down. No matter what they do, they'll always be the "ain'ts".

Game 4: NYJ +2 vs Cleveland - how the hell can Cleveland be a favorite over anyone? NYJ are the better team by a long ways. Cleveland is 1-5 this year, having beaten only Oakland. The Jets are 4-3, albeit with a weakish schedule (wins over Tenn, Buff, Miami, Detroit to compare with losses vs New England, Indy, and Jax). Right now, Cleveland has proved they suck. NYJ have at least a chance that they are good.

Game 5: St Louis +9 vs San Diego - San Diego is another choke team and have just had their best defensive player suspended. San Diego has managed to beat Oakland, Tennessee, San Fran this year (and Pittsburgh), while losing to Baltimore and KC. I think this game is essentially a pick'em, so 9 points is like stealing.