Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2006, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Full House vs. Kid PVP

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming villain does not reraise light from the blinds when facing a steal attempt, we can say he has AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK and maybe AQs.

If he reraises light, I suppose you'd throw in suited connectors, almost any ace, almost any pair. I'll assume he's not reraising this light.

On the flop, he makes a cb and you call despite the flush draw in order to not scare him off his overpairs and missed AK/AQ hands. You have a monster, and you are slow playing to pick up more bets on the turn/river.

I'm not so sure this is good. Witht he flush draw, he might see a raise from you on the flop as an attempt to semi-bluff or steal his cb. So, if you raise a good amount, he is in the unfortunate position of folding an overpair, or folding two high clubs, or folding totally missed AK/AQ with no draws. Only the missed AK/AQ with no draws won't call some kind of raise on the flop, otherwise they're probably too weak tight oop with a big pair.

Now the turn is a bit of a problem. The A helps AA and has you almost dead. KK/QQ/JJ would check/fold to a big bet from you, most likely. AK/AQ might lead out, or might check/call. AA would probably slow play for a check/call or check/raise. Checking behind here is a little strange. AK/AQ will call a bet, but AA will check-raise. You took a more cautious approach, so ok.

On the river, he probably didn't make a flush, but he could have with AK/AQ clubs. He doesn't know that you haven't made a flush, so the bet is either a blocking bet with TPTK/TPWK and will fold to a raise OR its a weak lead with AA top boat looking to trap. The ONLY hand he has that might call a big reraise that you beat is a rivered flush. I think AK/AQ folds. So, I guess the question is whether villain is morelikely to have AA or AcKc, AcQc. There are 3 ways to have AA (Ah Ac, Ah Ad, Ac Ad) and only two for AcKc, AcQc. So, calling isn't so bad really.

I think I would have raised the flop, however, and the hand plays differently (and not so well for me if he really had AA).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your reply. Good analysis.