Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2006, 03:46 AM

Default I\'m bringin\' sexyback

Lots of questions here, actually.

6-handed 30/60 Stud Hi. A 3 brings it in, a bad player completes with 6 up, and I have (J7)7 with two Kings and a five behind me. I decide to raise it. Oops - the first King reraises me. I guess it's possible he has something like (AsXs)Ks, but I think this player has dead split kings here the vast majority of the time. It's folded around to the bad player who calls sixty more. I call.

At this point, what's my plan for the hand? My first instinct says to see fifth and get out if I don't improve or pick up a draw. But is the pot big enough to see the river if the King's board isn't too ugly?

On 4th, the K catches a suited 5, which I of course hate. He bets, the other guy calls with something stupid, and I call, after catching an offsuit 8. On 5th street, I pair my door card making trips. I bet out, obviously, and the K calls (the bad player folds). On 6th, our boards are:

Me: (J7)7879
Him: (xx)Ks5sQ5

The straightforward play is to simply bet, bet. Anyone consider a check/raise here? What about check/raising the river if he calls?