Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2006, 09:07 AM

Default An Inconvient Truth -- Exaggeration by Gore?

if youve seen this movie youd know how strongly al gore feels about global warming. he basically states that if something isnt done the planet is [censored].

so this begs the question, is this what al gore really believes or does he use exaggeration to get something done?

there seems to be alot of debate over how much damage global warming will really do. i have no idea how much of this is propaganda and am relatively uncertain as to what the average scientific opinion is on the matter other than what is stated on wikipedia and other informational websites. of course, the mean of opinion seems to be distorted by political activists. gore claims that political opposition of global warming has tried to propagate through the media that scientists debate over the seriousness of global warming. likewise, it wouldnt surprise me if global warmining fundamentalists claim that global warming is more serious than it is to aid their cause. of course, if global warming fundamentals stretch the truth to get things done then the mere fact that they are doing this shows how serious they find the issue to be. i could be mistaken, but it doesnt seem like there would be many alterior motives for supporting global warming fundamentalists.

i dont really expect to get any insight as to how severe global warming is in this thread, but id like to hear what your thoughts are for why al gore is so dramatic about his cause. is he getting paid by global warming fundamentalists to exaggerate to extremes, is this what he truly believes or is he truly a die hard global warming fundamentalistic that is using exaggeration to get something done?

also, opinions as to whether you feel al gore is a stand up guy, a crook or just a moron are also welcomed.

tx