Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2006, 02:21 AM

Default 100-200 Bellagio. There seems to be disagreement here.

Hey, this is a hand I asked a lot of very good players about (Death Donkey, stinkeypete, newhizzle, mike l., and others). While I think I agree with one side by now, I think the fact that opinion was pretty evenly split makes this an interesting one to discuss.

Anyway, 9-handed. David Levi is UTG and is playing tired/slightly tilty. He raises. Chantel is UTG+2 and raises. Chantel has been card-dead for almost two hours and has barely played a hand. The same is true of me. So when she 3-bets in early position I put her on a huge hand despite the fact that Levi has already shown 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for a UTG raise, I think Chantel has a very narrow range here. I don't think she'd do this with AT or AJ. She's not the type of player that would reraise with 66 for value here, for example. I also have found her to be a bit underaggressive and weak in our sessions.

Anyway, I look down at Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the CO and 4-bet for the first time of the session. Levi cold-calls 2, Chantel calls.
Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Levi checks, Chantel bets, I raise, Levi cold-calls, Chantel calls.
Turn:3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Levi checks, Chantel leads into me again. Raise or call time?