Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2006, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Unsure what to do with my AJs (folding seems weak...)

[ QUOTE ]
It's not a problem of not seeing him raising speculative hands UTG. We don't have a read on this player, and it means that we don't have an edge over him in this particular situation. Actually you can be pushing a lot of junk in UTG raiser, and then saying that aggression works for you everytime anyways. But aggression must have a feedback. My weak-tight ass says me that the problem is not in weak-tightness of some posters of the forum, but in a lack of information on the villian in the post under question.
Calling is an option though, but nobody has provided any good explanation why it's still a good option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quite liked my explanation. On the bubble, he doesn't call with a worse hand if we push and we get to see three cards and act first with enough room to take any of the actions that we might want based on the texture of the flop: push/bet-push/bet-call/bet-fold/check-fold/check-call/check-push.

This is tournie specific. I tend to credit the final two tables of the Stars 20/180 with reasonable play, which is why I don't play them much. On Crypto, I'd be much more inclined to push AJs because smaller aces, KQ etc. will call very often.