Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2006, 10:21 AM

Default Re: The age of horrorism

[ QUOTE ]
My primary point is that from the beginning of the founding of Islam by the pedophile Mohammed who twisted some of Judeo-Christianity and added to it, that religion has been spread by the sword and continues to this day with a pattern of violent aggression against non-believers and their own believers who would convert to another religion. So you can't really point to a battle of the crusades, or to the crusades as a whole, and say that was a thousand years ago and it is time to forget it because the violent aggression of Islam is still ongoing and has never stopped. They will not be satisfied until they see Shari'a imposed on the entire world.

They don't want to live in peace, and only the violent suppression of Islamic radicals in countries like Egypt and Turkey that are ostensibly secular and peaceful in their outlook to non-Moslem countries keeps them from joining the ranks of radical Islamic states. They have sought war throughout the history of their religion and they have found it. Often they have been successful for centuries at a time. But in this nuclear age they may well find the last battle, and one that ends with Mecca being turned into an irradiated sea of glass for thousands of years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would go out on a limb to say whenever you refer to a population of over 1 billion people as "they" and then seek to ascribe a set of uniform beliefs to them, you are most often wrong from the start.

It's just as incorrect as some muslims' belief that all or even most christians in this country want the United States to be a christian nation and the world population converted to christianity.

And while I understand that you like to engage in hyperbole and share in the Neo-Cons' notion of muslims bent on world domination, as well as the Neo-Cons' joy in uttering the phrase "sea of glass", I think the failure of our leadership to recognize the schism in islamic belief, between Sunni and Shia, and the opposition between the two sects, has led to the situation we find ourselves in now in Iraq.

Indeed, as an interesting Frontline Documentary recently revealed, Paul Bremer was chosen to head the CPA because he had no Mideast background and knew little about the region. The administration's belief was that he therefore wouldn't be saddled with any preconceived notions of the region.