Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2006, 07:13 PM

Default Sorry Wynn but it\'s going to be Bellagio and Venetian from now on...

Background story: I have stayed at the Wynn under the poker rate many times and with many twoplustwoers. Many times we have had games at the Wynn where we have a donk-fest that includes $4+ per hand tips to the dealers to the point where the dealers had to have racks for every down since their pockets were overfull. Last night, gonores, Justin A, stinkypete, DeathDonkey, goofball and I played a 4/8 mix game from midnight to 5AM. We were one of two games going by the end, tipping $4 every hand or more with huge pots and having a great time.

They have been great to us since they opened, today that all changed. I headed over to the Wynn today to get a room at the Poker rate. Katie in the office hooked me up right away. One of the dealers from the night before was there too and was very happy to see us. Justin, DD, stinkypete and I took off to get some food and then check in. When I went to check us in our reservation was cancelled. No explanation was given at the desk or was left in the notes of the check in page. We definitely had the reservation as I was looking at the computer at the check-in desk. I headed over to the Poker room and Katie was not in. No one knew where she was or what time she would return. We all had our bags inside waiting for our room to check in.

At that moment DeathDonkey called the Bellagio and reserved a room at their poker rate. This is where I am posting from now. We didn’t even have to go the Belliago poker room before we checked in. The room is not much more expensive than the Wynn rate ($15).

I will be taking my business to Bellagio and hopefully my twoplustwo games to the Venetian from now on.

Too bad Wynn, here is a picture of our tab from last nights dinner at SW Steakhouse (eight of us):