Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2006, 01:46 AM

Default Aggressive play

Against other aggressive players I am always getting scared off the pot. I always feel as if they have the bigger trips or something against my high pair.

I just got off a hand that I had 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pre-flop

2 early callers, I call, the blinds call and check

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] t [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Ok, I got middle pair with a good kicker...no biggie

It checks to the first of the early pre-flop limpers, who bets. The second pre-flop limper folds.

I raised because I wanted to give my marginal hand a better shot (*** am I right here? ***)

Small blind folds, the Big Blind calls. The original better re-raises!

I meekly call. (**Should I FEEL meek here or should I be at ease that I did the right thing?**)

turn is a 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

ok I got a good draw that will win 35% of the time PLUS my whopping middle pair that could turn into trips. But, by this time, my trips might be beaten by three 10' for all I know. (Showing case signs of weak-tight right?)

Well, happy ending or no (I hit the flush), What worries me is my tendency to always throw these hands away because I don't want to get killed by the river.

What if I didn't hit my flush at the end and they bet? Should I have seen the end for a bet with middle pair?

thanks

Jim