Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2006, 03:18 AM

Default Best Low -Mid Stakes NLHE Games Nationwide

Hi all I'm thinking about hitting the road for 2-3 months. I'll buy a new laptop, get a list of Masters swimming programs where I can swim daily and just try and find the fishiest damn cash NLHE games I can feel comfortable in. Make $$ return home, pay bills and repeat--thats my short-term plan. I'm actually looking forward to stop playing online and getting on the road.

Stakes I'm looking at are this: I've been playing online NLHE primarily last 2 years mustly $100-$500 online mustly $200. I've made almost $200K in the last 2 years playing online another $100K or so couple years before that.

I played b&m LHE for a living for almost 2 full years in Atlantic City and around the country. My main game was $15-30 LHE. I played $10-20 up to $20-40 LHE.

I know what a grind b&m poker is with the nasty daily swings blah blah.

I want to focus on sticking to NLHE mustly thu. ..I will play LHE if I must.

I thought it would be cool and informative to start a thread on what are the best low/midlevel deepish NLHE cash b&m games across the country.

I have traveled alot and safety is always foremost for me..but in my travels whether it be St.Louis, Kinder LA , New Mexico wherever sometimes the best action is not always in the best known rooms.

The level I'm looking at is really ~$2-5 blinds level with minimum $500 buy-in. I'm also interested in any small blind game that allows for deepish play w/ bigger buyins ie $300 and up.

My roll is fine. I have a very high% of my capital generating interest income. I will probably hit the road initailly with maybe $25K-$30K -maybe $5K of that for traveling expenses. I dont want to overplay things and jepardize my bankroll. I may end up playing $5-10 and higher if things only go really well. I'm a grinder and a nit so I'm kind of bitchy about just finding good games where I could make $350-$500/+/? a day.

Is it possible we could get a thread going focusing on these type of games...

What rooms spread the best action at this level..any accompanying including +ev info. on comps for food, lodging etc even parking are welcome.

Often newly opened pokerrooms have great action. Are there any of these of late?