FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pre 1989
Michael Jackson - Thriller 68 81.93%
Van Halen - Hot for Teacher 15 18.07%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2006, 02:05 AM

Default \"Are you insane?\"

I was recently involved in this hand at a no limit hold'em sit and go tournament and have agonized over my post-flop play holding big slick. During an earlier post, I received numerous different responses and there did not seem to be a consensus.

The scenario was as follows: Four players remained. Top three were paid. I had the small stack with 2600 chips, my opponents, player one had 6400, player two had 5600 and player three had 5500 in chips. I was dealt Ad,Kd in the big blind (100/200). Players One and Two folded. The small blind called and I raised it to 625. He called.

The flop brought the 2s, 5d and 3c.

The small blind checked and I put the rest of my chips (1900) in the pot. He called, showing Ah, 2c. The turn brought the 2d and the river the Js knocking me out one away from the money.

I have agonized about my decision, which was based on the following: I was small stacked, had 2 over cards, put my opponent on A,J or A,Q. I had a gutshot straight draw, back door flush and believed the flop did not help my opponent.

In retrospect, I was a 25% dog post flop and up against players I was superior. Player three was particularily weak and with a little patience I would have gotten all his money and/or he would have been knocked out before me, placing me in the money. After the tournament, he told me that he would have folded to an all-in raise pre-flop. He also said I would have been insane to go all-in pre-flop. Would you have played this hand any differently? Thanks in advance for your reply.