Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2006, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Sports: How far did you go?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played golf for an NCAA div I program.

Turned pro right after college, and played full time for 6 years. Last year I got through the Stage 1 of PGA Tour Q-School. If I had made it through Stage 2, i would have been guaranteed at least partial Nationwide status.

Unfortunately, I have forgot how to swing a club this year, and as a result i have run out of sponsorship money. I've decided to pursue a career as a golf instructor.

Hopefully I can try Q-School again though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This deserves a thread, in my opinion. I'd love to hear about this, e.g. what you shot, what tour you played on, how it worked (what's it called, "rabbiting" or something like that?), etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would definatly be a good thread. One of the dealers at Seneca tried going pro but had to give it up after a year because it just couldn't afford it. There are a lot of intersting stories about guys trying to make it in golf.

I play D1 hockey and if I really wanted to after I could probably play a few more years of pro, but it would be in a [censored] league and I would be making pennies compared to what I would make working in the real world. Assuming I graduate...