Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Hachem

Didn't see this mentioned in the WSOP thread; I seem to dislike Hachem more and more each time I see him on TV. Granted, it's a small sample size, but that's all I have to judge him by.

He pulls a lot of the same [censored] that Gold does, but doesn't get any of the grief-- he tries gamely to talk people into calling, he makes faces and berates people when he gets sucked out on, or when he's called thinly, etc. (even though this is the reason why he is doing well in cash games according to his own testimony), and generally is just arrogant and maltempered at the table.

Also, when he kept running over to his wife and complaining to her like she was the cards ("you keep doing this to me," etc.) his b_tchiness was infuriorating. Perhaps Raymer set too high a standard for a respectable, intelligent, well-mannered champ, but Hachem seems like a bigger douche than Moneymaker, Mortenson, Ferguson, and Varkonyi combined (much closer to Gold than to the rest). Also, like everyone else has said, hearing someone who won the WSOP ME luckfest complain about races and luck and always getting sucked out on gets a little old. I thought Dutch conducted himself far better and came off much better to anyone viewing the show in an unbiased fashion.