Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2006, 01:12 AM

Default Big problems in little Italy

Sorry for the pathetic attempt at being clever in the title.

A while back someone posted this article, related to online gambling in Italy:
http://english.ohmynews.com/articlev...at_code=299946

This is going to have quite an effect on my life, and I was wondering if anybody knows anything more about this or has any idea about the probability of not being able to access online poker sites in Italy later this year. I've searched on the internet and was unable to find any more information.

The reason this affects me is that I'm in school right now, and am hoping to spend a year studying abroad in Italy. I've been planning this for a while and was extremely disappointed when I initially read that article. I'm paying for my school with poker winnings, so quitting for a year isn't really an option, and if it turns out that there's a good chance that at some point in the year I wont be able to access online poker sites I guess I'll have to forget the whole thing. The deadline for applying to the study abroad programs is quickly approaching, and I would appreciate any and all news opinions and predictions about this.