Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2006, 04:46 AM

Default Why did the major online poker networks do NOTHING?

Why would I log into Stars the past month and there would be no notification of this bill happening? Why didn't Stars have a pop-up every time a person logged into the client asking them to call their reps about the bill? Seriously, 2/3 of people that play poker online had no idea what was going on right now. The only people who know are the professionals, the 2+2ers, and the other people who take this game as a mode for profit. The majority of players logging on to the major sites are recrerational players who are not in the know.

I am not trying to harp on PokerStars, but why did Lee Jones disregard the comment that a player made on the final table at the WCOOP NL event that strassa won? A player at the table said something of the sorts: "Lee, remind everyone to call their senators tomorrow." Even on the radio broadcast, the guest announcer told Lee of this. Lee did not say a [censored] thing. WHY? Are you not worried that the majority of your market will be gone? Or do you already have plans to add us as a sunk cost and start marketing other countires to take the place of the United States?

I realize that the players that did not contact their reps are to hold for the recent action. But look at the WSOP for one. They could have had possibly 10,000+ next year. Guess what WSOP and affiliates? You will probably have a few hundred now. Why did you not say a damn thing during your boradcasts? You guys realize how valuable the online market is to getting people into the event, why not have a 30 second commercial telling the television viewers how important this bill will be to online poker?

As much as PartyGaming is worth they could have payed multi-millions in the pockets to sway some opinions. I am sorry if I am in the wrong here and Party and other major online players did actually spend some of their profits to do something.

In summary, I hold all major online poker websites in account for this action. You people have the voice, and more importantly, MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars to make a difference. And to my knowledge, you didn't do a damn thing.