Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2006, 11:41 PM

Default (1/2) top straight on Turn but 2 flush draws

This is my first post. Sorry about the hand history. I can't find a converter that does crypto, so i did it by hand.

I hit the A-high straight on the turn, but there are 2 flush draws--any one of those 18 cards on the River could have me beat. The pot is so big I don't want to fold, but the other two people in the hand are raising like crazy, so I am worried I will call a ton of bets and lose to the flush on the River, or the board will pair and I will lose to FH.

Should I cut my losses and lay down the hand, or call all these bets on the Turn and cross my fingers? I cold call 2 bets on the Turn, and then it's another 2 bets to me still on the Turn. I would think cold calling 2 bets twice on one street is horrible poker. But can I lay this down?

No read on UTG+1. My read on CO is that he is the worst player I have ever seen. Earlier against him I flopped 4 Aces -- the flop came A-A-A -- and we went 13!!! bets on the turn (no cap on crypto skins when you're heads up). He had pocket 3s, and the turn was 5, so there were at least 20 hands that he was drawing dead against when he put in all those bets.

Hold'em FL ($1/$2) - 2006/09/29 - 21:34:04 (ET)
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to gorter [Ad Qh]
hero raises $2; UTG+1 raises $3; CO calls; 2 folds; BB calls; hero calls

----- FLOP ----- [8c Kc Td]
BB checks; hero checks; UTG+1 bets $1; CO calls $1; BB folds; hero calls

----- TURN ----- [8c Kc Td][Jd]
hero checks; UTG+1 bets $2; CO raises $4; hero calls $4; UTG+1 raises $4; CO raises $4; hero?

I will post River and results later.