Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2006, 02:17 AM

Default Things i look for when i dont have a read

I have seen a few posts lately of people saying they have no read on villian because either hero has jus sat down or villian has just sat down. When they really do imo. here are three things i see and make note of untill i gt a solid read because anything helps when we dont have ANY eads.

- When villian posts blind before the blinds reach him
This is a sign of donkeyness imo. and when i dont have any other info i take this as a hint that villian is worse than the average villian at nl25 or 50. I will then change my perception from an unknown to a little below avg for the table which will help me play early hands against that villian.

- Villians who buy in for a weird number
When villian buys in for 14.53 at a table i assume this is the last of his br and thus i give him the ole "donk" assumption. why else would he go to the trouble to buy in for such a weird vale unless that is all he has left. again i assume he is less then the avg player and change the way i play accordingly.

- When i first sit down and see villian has 15 bucks or so in font of them
A decent player will reload as often as needed and when i see a villian who is sitting with less then the max by 5 or 10 bucks i make the assumption that he doesnt kno that much about poker and probably isnt a very great player untill i play for a while and see something to change my assumption

Obv these arent iron clad things but are better then nothing in this game of reads when we dont have any yet.
These are the three main ones i see on a semi regular basis. do u think these have much merit in the lower stakes or are just rubish? and also do u have any others u look for while u are at the table?