Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2005, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Stupid things I thought when I was a kid.

My mom would alway say, "Dad is going to work to make the money!" - I thought he worked at the Federal Mint...

She would also threaten "giving me back to the indians where I came from" when I was misbehaving.

I thought American Indians lived in Pizza Hut

I thought letting 4 guys I worked with pile into the car with open 40oz's, and driving them home to the ghetto was perfectly legal and safe. (My parents never told me we had an open container law! or that there were neighborhoods less savory than our wonderful suburb!)

I thought my parents were too poor to help pay for college... pwned

18yr old girl in high school who was dating my best friend replied when I asked her if she came, "Girls don't have orgasms!" - Poor guy, they are married now

Brag part... In Kindergarten we were reading See spot run... I walked over to the teachers desk and started reading the newspaper to her... She freaked... Mom taught me to read when I was 3ish and I couldn't get enough.

Weird part... When I was between 2 and 4 yrs old, I would often describe in extreme technical detail how to pilot my dead grandfather's airplane. (He had died when my father was 7yrs old) It was in such technical detail that my uncle freaked out, thought I was possessed or reincarneted or something. I got a super high fever at age 4 and never spoke like that afterwords.

Reality bites:

1. I thought colleges taught you something worth the thousands of dollars you were spending. I did some research on starting Salaries of graduates, and found out I was making more than than them at my part time government contracting job.

2. I was in awe to find out just recently 2 out of every 3 people are addicted to either Drugs and/or Alcohol. The average wage of a single person is $16/hr, the mean wage is $11/hr.