Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2006, 11:46 AM

Default Stupid session - shrug it off? (NC)

I'm still playing $0.50/$1 6-max. I took one shot at $1/$2 which didn't go so well. I don't play that frequenly and don't build up a lot of hands quickly. My play at $0.50/$1 6-max is about -1 BB/100 over a not great sample. $0.50/$1 full was about 4 BB/100 over about 10,000.

My bankroll was about $850, and I decided to take another shot at $1/$2 full. I'm playing at UltimateBet trying to clear the initial deposit bonus. The bonus clears faster if you are the first to sit at the table. When I was playing $0.50/$1 6-max I would find an empty table, be the first to sit, and begin when opponents joined. It started heads-up, but always got to 5- or 6- handed pretty quickly.

For my first session, I decided to try the same thing at an empty 10-handed table. I was the first to sit. An opponent came. The session started. It never got above 4-handed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I started down, but got back to even after about 15 minutes. Then in the next 15 minutes, I lost $90 (45 BB). I stopped, feeling mad at myself for getting into $1/$2 short; a lot of heads up and a little 3- and 4- handed. Later on I reviewed my hand history. In the 45 BB loss, I lost about 4 big pots where I was 75% favorite on flop, but the villian caught a good card on the turn or river.

So, it was stupid, but a 45 BB loss in SH happens frequently, right? Losing $90 is not too bad from $850, so I should just shrug it off, and not make that SH mistake again. Right?

Thanks,

-Tom