Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2006, 09:21 PM

Default tips for getting full-time offer on Wall St.

I guess I will get straight to the point. I want to get a full time offer on Wall St. after I graduate in one of the top ibanks at the desk. I know what it takes and I am willing to work as hard as necessary because I want this job. Obviously, there are a few problems, at least the way I see it:

1) I go to a good school but its not in the top 10 core schools from which these companies recruit.
2) I do well in school but I do not have a 3.7 mainly because I have been on the rowing team throughout all of college which was a huge commitment. It’s my senior year and after a lot of though I quit this season.
3) I interned in a foreign ibank this summer.

Basically, my main concern is surviving the resume scan which is very tough. Should I put poker among interests? How can I stand out among all the 4.0 candidates from Harvard who’s older brother is a senior analyst at Bear or JP?

I am fairly confident that I can get it if I get a chance to interview.

There is a number of people here with experience in trading so if anybody has any tips or insider advice that is not covered in any of the presentations, books, career offices and online, please let me know. I really appreciate all the help…Thanks a lot.