Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2006, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Would you save 10 million people?

[ QUOTE ]
I think your conceptions of spirituality are going to make a big difference here. For some people, death doesn't really even seem like that big a deal, which makes it easier to throw your life away on a lark. For others, their life is all they really conceive of having, so it's difficult to imagine any circumstances under which it would be worth giving it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no thoughts on the afterlife, I personally doubt anything really exists. I just think that if I could save 10 million people (not even a blip??! It's 10 million people!) I would do it. Yes, maybe one of them could be the next Hitler. Maybe one of them cures cancer. Maybe all of them live meaningless mundane lives and contribute nothing. But it's a lot of people for me to say that I wouldnt give my life. If just one of them...made a difference in someone else's life, or just really really enjoys their own...it would be well worth it.

I mean, to each their own. I wouldnt say to those who say No and No that they are horrible people etc... it is their choice. But I personally would do it. Maybe they go by the mentality of "I dont know them, I cant see them so it doesnt matter" but I would like to see if they changed their mind if those people were in front of them (even on a way smaller scale) if they saw their faces, would they do the same thing? It's like the rich [censored] on the life boats of the Titanic that wouldnt let more people on. Just my opinion.