Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Once a jerk, always a jerk

It was the end of the last day of my most recent Vegas trip, one that won't be high on my list of fun trips.

For background a few days ago, I limped on the button behind most of the table w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I flop a flush and raise the turn vs. kind of bad, semiregular, grumpy, older, very stocky, glasses wearing guy. He calls my river bet. I table my hand and then he flings his cards across the table (J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]), then picks up his calling chips and flings them across the table as well so they are well scattered among the pot and a few other players stacks. The others at the table pick up his cards and his chips, hand the cards to the dealer and get the chips back into the pot.

So today, in a 3 way pot he limps from MP (he's in seat 5 and I'm in the 1 seat, so he is directly across from me. SB who plays every hand and calls with just about anything completes. (He had called a raise from the same guy earlier w/ 63o, I 3-bet from the SB w/ QQ. Of course, he flopped 2 pair and rivered a 3 for a boat. He also has a habit of calling out his hand and a card that he needs), I knuckle 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check, bet, call, call.

Turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the action is the same. SB now says "Give me a 9 for and inside straight" When he says that, he may want a 9, but he may not have a T, either.

River is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and he leads, I choke a bit and call, now MP calls too?? Anyway, they both table ATo and chop the pot.

In the 2 seat is Ray, the former Chicago cop, with the bad knee. Now I know that he's not considered a real nice guy, but he and I get along just fine. I look at my hand and drop it into the muck. Ray sees it and says "They had 3 outs", I nod and then he asks me, if I bet the turn. I say "Of course I did." Now the jerk says in a very nasty tone of voice. "Keep your comments to yourself." I was stunned, by this card flinging guy. He acted just like I looked at him and said "Nice suckout fish."

So all of you do me a favor and lay a few bad beats on this guy for me.