Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Granny or Grue for PRESIDENT?.
GRANNY 19 79.17%
GRUE 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2006, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Should I buy an XBox 360, or wait for PS3/Wii?

So obviously your a Nintendo fan-boy. You've repeated the same thing over and over. You guys keep criticizing the PS3 for what it is. It's a high end console unit which is more like a computer then a system. That's what it is, there's no arguing about it. If you don't like it, go ahead and buy a Wii, noone is stopping you. Nintendo for the most part has disappointed over it's last 2 consoles. Also for those that don't enjoy the Mario type games, there's no point in buying the Wii. To some Mario type games might be a blast but to others they are extremely boring.

To the OP. I'd recommend getting the Wii if you like Mario type games and new controller types and the ability to go back and play old school Nintendo games, otherwise right now I'd probally go with a 360 over the PS3. Both will offer similar type lineups for games and both systems will probally be pretty much similar to the current PS2/XBOX setups. The reason I'd lean towards the 360 over the PS3 right now is the following, both offer HD, both offer similar content, but there is a price differential (which will probally be more significant at the PS3 launch date). As others have said, Blu-Ray could be a waste and you shouldn't have to pay for the upgrade if you don't want it. There will also be a shortage of PS3s until early next year so if you can't wait the 360 is an easy option if you liked the PS2/PS3.

Now if you want the highest end technology, you want HD compatablity and you want the cheapest Blu Ray currently available, the PS3 is probally for you.

Of the 3 systems, PS3 is probally the most future proof but as the article that was posted points out you could have to replace the unit during it's supposed lifespan of 10 years (I bet it'll be around 5 to 8 but that's just me). But eventually the price will fall.