Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2006, 02:20 PM

Default Re: 100/200 A4o on the button

great post tommy.

two things i didn't see in there though are 1) how often do you get 4 bet on that flop?...this complicates matters b/c you're now getting odds to call down to river anyways and just paying more 2) you have no Gack here getting 5.25:1 on a 5.6:1 shot (assuming 7 clean outs). you are not folding this turn if you call the flop and he bets.

does this change your conclusion at all? b/c now, you have completely avoided the gack.

i do see what you're saying though in this spot and if all else is equal, im more likely to 3bet here vs. a new guy than vs. somebody ive played w/ a lot before for the meta reasons youve stated.

further, lets change your hand to A6 (i forget the board but some ace w/ a kicker below the top card and no other straight/flush draw). how do you feel about 3 betting the c'r now vs. gacking it up?

assuming we continue to avoid gack, how do you feel about the turn/river following you're 3 bet in the A6ish hand?

also, in this current hand, assuming you do 3bet the flop, how are you approaching that same turn/river?

i ask these general questions knowing the turn/river cards bring variability to your answers b/c im more interested in your loqutious and entertaining thought processes. so knowing i know the general responses here (i.e. bluffing frequencies w/ different cards etc.), how are you approaching this combo in the two above situations (A4 vs. A6ish)

Barron