Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2006, 08:59 PM

Default Re: neverwin\'s account hacked, 27k stolen

This happened to me on party about a month ago. Someone transferred a few thousand to this one screeenname then proceeded to purchase gift certificates once the transfer maximum limit was exceeded. I notified Party and all they told me after two days of investigation was that the other party was unaware that this was a fraudulent transaction and that he thought we were making a deal. Apparently, the person who broke into my account had a chat with this other guy in a chatbox on a table (they have records of this conversation taking place too) and they agreed to swap party money for money on another poker site.

I know now that the reason this happened was that I downloaded a "poker program" from someone through aim. I didn't know the person really well, but we had talked almost every day on im for a few weeks. I was very suspicious about how they obtained my screenname to begin with, but I completely forgot about it after we talked on im for a while.

I cringe when I see the amount of money people keep online (I saw someone with $365K on their account). I was really stupid to download a program from someone I didn't know well.

On a sidenote, this person also made a 2.5K deposit to firepay that bounced. Firepay is now demanding the money from me, and is threatening to use a 3rd party collection agency and report it to a credit bureau. What do I do?