Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2006, 04:06 AM

Default Re: To Mason: Beyond ethical boundaries

You bring up an interesting point. I never really considered reading a few pages of a book in a store 'theft' of intellectual property.
In fact, the bookstores seem pretty lax about tolerating such behavior.

I'm not sure I wholly agree with your argument but I'm not sure I completely disagree either.

Perhaps I can somehow still try to keep an open-mind about purchasing the book IF it happens to look really outstanding when I page through the contents.

But I know that the standards for me purchasing this book will be much higher now in order for me to bite the bullet and actually know that I'm providing a few pennies worth of income for this guy.

Before he opened his mouth continually and idiotically in this thread the standards were much lower and if the book looked merely decent I probably would have been adding it to my library.

But, again, his behavior will have nothing to do with whether I like the book or not.
It's just that now I won't be purchasing it unless I know that I really like it.
Whereas before I may have purchased it regardless.