Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2006, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyway this isn't the place for this debate

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that a discussion SHOULD be made on this point because it is a very good point to discuss. At the end of the day why are we all here? Why do we come to this board? Ultimately, it is to learn more about this game through discussion and learning through other people's experiences. My game has elevated tremendously since I first started and I would have to credit it both to experience and coming to these boards as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're assuming too much. Ed's SSHE book has sold well for a poker book. But, how many of those buyers do you think have (1) read the book thoroughly, (2) apply the information properly, and (3) are actually in your game?

The vast majority of poker players have never seriously studied the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting point. I have read Ed's book and that was probably one of THE best poker investments (as far as books, I really have no interest for any of the software) I have ever made. My game and my profitability are EONS away from where I was before I read it. But, the thing is, I read that book at least..well, I'm up at my 6th reading now. I review it constantly and study it thoroughly and through that my game has changed.

LONG STORY SHORT: I PUT IN THE TIME....and that what this whole discussion boils down to. I put in the time to go through the boards to become better at plo8, I put in the time to become better at small stakes hold em. I don't think one should be concerned about putting good info out there about the game and having the profitability go to the craphole. The game will change through the players that put in the time and ultimately most will not. Yes, there may be a few players that will become better by publishing an article, but at the end of the day, that will be a small percentage compared to the other donks that are out there that will not put in the time and thus remain donks.

Maybe an idea for an upcoming article should be titled "TO SHARE OR NOT TO SHARE, THAT IS THE QUESTION", not necessarily related simply to plo8, but to all forms of poker, and poker strategy.