Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2006, 12:03 AM

Default A few ways to improve the NFL.....

Was just thinking about this since there were talking about the new commish tonight and he was discussing some of his plans for the league. Let me begin by saying that I think the NFL is in the best shape of any sports league and its my favorite sport to watch, so I'm not complaining....I'm just offering a few ways to improve:

1. Offensive/defensive pass interference- the refs call too much PI on the defense and too little on the offense. Imo, both players have EQAUAL rights to the ball and the refs should try to ignore who is on offense and who is on defense when determining who interfered with whom.

2. Pro Bowl- By far the least competitive of any of the major sports' all star games. I understand the injury risks in football, but people get hurt just as much when going 1/2 speed imo. I'm not really sure of a solution here, but its obviously an area that can be improved. Anyone have any suggestions here?

3. Blowing the whistle on questionable down by contact or down before a fumble plays- since plays in which the whistle blows are not reviewable, the refs must NOT blow the whistle if there is not certainty here imo. I do think they've improved some in this area, but they can improve more.

4. Allow celebrations, but not taunting. I hate the NFL's recent decision to disallow props during celebrations. I think that fun celebrations are good for the game. However, mimicking other player's celebrations, celebrating on the other teams' logo, or anything else disrespectful is different and should NOT be allowed. JMHO here. I think theres a key distinction between having fun and rubbing it in.

Anyone have any others?