Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Perhaps going to LHE, old party SN, general thoughts.

Firstly, I retired my party name: mountain188. I played full ring 2/4, 2/4 6-max, and 5/10 6-max. Does anyone have notes on me that they'd like to share?

I might be moving to NL for a few reasons.
1) I've been running bad/playing so-so.
2) to be discussed below...

I'd like to reflect on my history in the past few months, as long as I'm going to do this. I've been a little burned out in the games, been running poorly, having some issues with tilt and motivation to play, and in general having a tough time. This has made me just a little bitter, and a few of my last posts in the micros weren't nice.

This has probably caused me to make some rude comments to a few people (some in PMs) also, I'm not not too pleased with it.

Part of my problem with poker ise that I'm stagnating at my current skill level. This is a variety of hubris and stubbornness. I spend a lot of time finding little things that you can do here and there that are pretty neat but quite rare, and not enough time absorbing the perfect way to play the more common hands.

I think it would be neat to go to a different type of game where I'm able to let go of my prejudices and really observe what's going on there, and hear some of what people have to say with a more open mind. The best way to do this is to play a game that I'm not "advanced" (or whatever) in. This could have a double benefit as I return to limit later on with a more open mind after playing different structures of holdem and I've had time to just forget a few things so I can listen again.

There's a lot of great posters here who have helped me, and there have been some neat discussions on this topic, that I greatly enjoy (I enjoy analyzing the games more than playing them, I think).

Thanks, guys.

I'm not totally convinced that I have to drop limit right now, but I'm pretty sure I have to drop my ego.

An alternative plan would be to set a bancrupt point at which I would switch over to low limit no limit (since it's a game you can play with a small bankroll) and move up and single-table, maybe at 10/20 full or a little higher (say 13/26 8.5 max).

It's possible I may stay where I am, too, but I guess I'm just sort of reflecting on my situation and the barriers that I have to my personal progress. If you guys would like to discuss anything along these lines, please go ahead and post them here.

And of course, if you have notes on mountain188, I'd be glad to hear them! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]