Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2006, 03:24 PM

Default Re: NEAR DEATH - Heres my tale, whats yours?

[ QUOTE ]

I was riding with about 7 other guys on street bikes on "white spars" road, the back way to Prescott and we were going a fairly quick pace as you could imagine. Everyone had full leathers, yada, yada and it was getting fairly competitive seeing who could grind down their knee-pucks the most. On a tight hairpin left i went in wayyy to fast and couldn't scrub off the speed so i looked for a place to lay it down, mind you this was all mountain roads with pretty steep drop offs. I knew for sure i was going down the side so i saw a mile marker post and i planned to grab it and hold on. Yeah right. I think i hit dirt about 10 feet in front of it and instead of grabbing it i flipped backwards and mowed it over with my back. It was almost completely flattened but kept me, barely, from sliding down the dropoff. Another guy went down behind me and everyone was saying "Al went down, Al is down!" I am laying there thinking "Its me, it's Chris that went down!" He ended up breaking his collar bone and wrist. I just ended up with a tweaked back that still bothers me to this day, prolly like 10 years ago. It took like 3 hours to get my GSXR back up to the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what half of this post means.