Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Question For Top Players

Hey guys, hopping some of the top players (Ray Zee, Flynn, etc.) will weigh in here. If I didn't go on tilt and always played my A game, I'm guessing and this could be way off but my guess is my bankroll would be a lot higher, like 60-90% higher than what it is now. My winrate right now is good but in my game I still make tons of mistakes.

People sometimes try to throw numbers out there about how many BB/100 hands is a good winrate but winrate is a weird thing, it seems to me that if a person played their best all the time their winrate could be double what people think a good winrate is. When I used to make mistakes I'd say "that's okay, I'm just at 1/2 NL and I'm still learning, this mistake will make me money in the long run cause I will learn from it." Now though when I make mistake I get too annoyed with mysef I feel like I shoudl be done learning now and ready to start making serious money all the time without the mistakes.

Do you really good players like Ray Zee still go on tilt? How often do you make bad plays that you are upset with yourself after made it, is this a problem all palyers have no matter how good and will always have? I'd really like to hear how good players would evaluate themselves about tilt and how oftne they play A game or C game and any thoughts on the subject. Thanks.