View Poll Results: Group 1 - Four vs. Thirteen
Back to the Future 154 81.48%
Westworld 35 18.52%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Avatar Garage Tutorial #3 Setting up an avatar

[ QUOTE ]
i know how to make a gif from any file, but i don't know how to store my avatar on internet in order to link it in my user profile.
Any help ?

Sorry for the english.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Psycho Boy Jack,

Here is some information on how to get your avatar setup.

1. Find or create the image you want.

2. Save it on your computer's hard drive.

3. Find a place online to host the image. Then transfer/upload the image to the online host.

Imageshack will host images for free and you don't have to register to use the service. Photobucket will host it for free also but you need to make an account to use the service. There are lots of other methods to get the image hosted online but these are the easiest ones.

4. Once you get the image uploaded to the host you picked in step 3 you will get a URL. A URL is the address of your image online. It will look something like this.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19...6/stueyfly.gif

5. Now that you know the address of your image online you just have to tell 2+2 where it is.

That should do it but there are some common mistakes that can cause it not to work.

1. Only use images that end with .gif .jpg .png

2. It works best if the image is 80x80 or at least square as in 180x180 so when 2+2 resizes it to 80x80 it will not distort the image.

3. The URL must be valid. All valid URL's have http:// at the start and must end with an extension listed above. If one letter or slash is wrong it won't work look close to be sure you got it right.

There are other things that could go wrong but these are the normal ones. Feel free to pm me if you can't get it to work.

This is a copy of a post I made awhile back to try and help someone so I have been adding stuff to is as needed. Try the following things if you are still having problems.

How to reset your cookies.

At the bottom of the My home screen click the my cookies button and it often solves any odd problems you might be having.

Then

Also recently they have changed the forum software and you need to have your current password filled in when attempting to make any changes to your profile.

It is all much simpler than I just made it sound. Your English is better than mine. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Once you get this figured please come join me and make some avatars for others here.