Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2006, 11:53 AM

Default $20 MTT - Approaching FT but getting no cards (long HH)

So I made a prety deep run into last night's 1:00 AM $20+2. After getting some good breaks and bouncing around I eventually find myself near the bottom after losing a coin flip.

My table was pretty condusive to stealing (or at least had been while I had chips) but I think some of the players were looking to take a stand against the most aggressive player at the table (me) and I felt I still had enouhg ships left that I didn't want to push with nothing, and yet not enough to really raise any less.

Anyway, I thought I would post the end of the tourney to see if anyone thinks I missed some good opportunities to pick up chips or if I jumped the gun with my push.

I'll post the HH in a reply to this post, with some thoughts about it here.

Some Player notes:
PSU was the main target for steals since chat indicated that making it this deep was huge for him. He was playing cautiously and my read was that he wasn't calling without a pair or big A.

Shakedown had been hanging on as a shortest stack for quite a while, maybe he was card dead but I was relentlessly raising his blinds when I had chips and he only stood up to me when he had TT.

These are the 2 players to my left and thus the prime steal targets

The other players at the table seemed pretty typical if not a little on the tight side which should be good for me.