Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2006, 10:03 AM

Default EPT satellite @ pokerstars, table collusion.

I was playing EPT 475$ satellite a while ago and there happened something I have never seen before. Sure, I haven’t played these satellites that often (actually two before this one) but I still believe the things that happened at this tournament were wrong and unfair.

There was 13 players left in the satellite and we were playing at two tables.
12 players were getting the ticket to EPT and 1000$ spending money.

At one table there was couple shortstacks, I was one of them, and at the other table everyone had a healthy stack. Suddenly one of the players at the “healthy stack table” suggested that every one of them should sit out and wait, so all of the players at that table could get tickets. They realized that they could just wait so one of the shortstacked players could drop out.

Some of them actually sitted out, but then they obviously realized, that that would be condemned by pokerstars, so suddenly one of the players started provoking players to fold to the big blind so they could all get tickets and everyone silently agreed. (but one, 10k, if I remember correctly).

Then they actually praised about the hands they were folding (KK etc.)

But, it wasn’t that easy. Shortstacked players stayed alive for a while. We, at the other table were struggling to get tickets and these guys just kept on folding to the big blind.

They talked about there hands all the time, and even when admin came to the table to warn couple of the players to stop talking about the hands and stop folding to big blind and warned that if they didn’t play, they would be disgualified. Obv. At the point that admin got there they had been doing this for a while.

At the end admin just turned off the chat.

I finally dropped at 13th.

This matter is something that I think pokerstars should really look at. It certainly isn’t fair that players AGREE to fold to big blind so they could get tickets.

I have sent mail to pokerstars about this matter, but I haven’t heard anything about them, except that they are looking at the earlier relationships of the players. But, that really doesn’t help here. Even if they didn’t have earlier relationship I still think this kind of collision play is just wrong.

So I’m interested in what are your experiences in these satellites?

Is this kind of behavior at the table common?

And I really liked to hear 10k-in-Clays comments on this, because he was actually playing at the healthy table and correct me on some of the facts that I have forgot, or facts that are wrong.

Do I just make this thing bigger then it really is, just because I dropped in the bubble and is it something that people and pokerstars are willing to overlook at?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]