Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Long

I started playing chess in 1st grade or so and met Ike. In 7th? grade he tells me about this game hes been playing on the weekends called magic. Flash forward a few years and I've gone about as far with that as I can, and realize that all the good players are playing poker now, instead. So I found a new game.

A friend bought me in several times on UB for like 500 total where I played way out of my bankroll after a week of grinding .5/1. I read some books, grinded the TS 1-3 over winter break, learning with Ike. bought back into UB, got good at HU, and played way out of my bankroll. Eventually got up to 30/60 with around 5k in the account. Ran that up to somewhere in the 15k range playing all sorts of limits, and was luckily succesful... alot of it depended on running well, and HU opponents who folded way too much.

I found Party Poker, and started multi-tabling the 15/30. Took a 2k shot in the 100/200 on interpoker. Ran that up to 30k and then down to 0 in the 150/300 pound game. Withdrew 60k (almost all of my BR) to invest, and lost 30 BB HU to someone lousy playing 300/600. Played on my friend's roll while I tried to get my feet under me, and proceded to run terribly in the 15/30 and drop 250 bets.

Then it was smooth sailing from there. Found rakeback, started 8-tabling (now 10), stopped taking shots for a while, 100,000 hands in the 15/30 and 150,000 in the 30/60.

Then the party thing happened. Since I couldn't run my game, I decided to take a 40 bb shot in the UB 150/300 when the games were good. Lost about 12k, and decided to just go back to 30/60. I really way more comfortable with the swings there, and shouldn't be in a hurry to move up.