Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: The Well: El Diablo

El D,

How do you rate the best 10/20 players on party (i.e dragons et al) compared to the better 10/25/25/50 UB-players? I know you havent been playing lately and probably ain't all that up to date, but you probably have quite a good idea anyway, if not by anything else then through what at least the players that post here are posting, since there are posters from both "camps", AFAIK.

How do you feel, lets say, the 5-8 best players/posters in the league of 5/10 and 10/20-players (in your opinion) on HSNL would fare against the better 50/100 (and upwards)-players that is not posting here, like mahatma, pkrbt/tiltmenot (bengt sonnert), bad_ip, green plastic and Thuritz? Is it a very big gap? What is the main difference between these players playing a bit lower compared to the real nose-bleed stakes players, and what should these mid to high-limit players try to improve?

How do you think you would fare yourself, in your current state, against player of this caliber, would you need some more playing time to give them a run for the money or would you play adequately well right of the bat?

Which brings me to this my final question; do you feel your long break has affected your skills in a big way, or do you feel that you would be playing at nearly the exact same level as before? Do you feel one has to have had a great deal of personal experience playing poker to be good, or ar there individuals that can understand things very fast and get very, very good just by logic and a great talent for the game, without investing all the hours that most people are doing to get good enough to beat higher levels, e.g are there people that nearly right away, in a very short period of time, can get a very, very good understand of the game?