Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2006, 11:57 PM

Default Deep stack NLH advice.

If you could offer 3 things that you find most important when playing DEEP STACKED NLH what would you offer? Lets say we are talking 200BB minimum. What to look for? What to avoid? Tendencies of deep stacked monkeys. The art of Bluffing? The all mighty value bet......and so on.

Everything seems much different than your typical internet game with 100BB where your decisions are straight forward for the most part. Please help me start a list to benefit a big stacked player.

I will start.

1)Position seems to gain exponentially in value. The fact that there is much more postflop play will make for much more poker to be played. Having position and money is a deadly combo.
2)Implied odds come into play on EVERY hand. The fact that there is so much money in play makes any 2 a possible threat to beat you/your opponent.
3)Recognizing the weight in value of given hands. It is easy to just say PP's and suited connectors go up in value while big cards and big PP go down, but it is another thing to implement that into your game. Not stacking off with an overpair or folding hands that might make you a ton.

Please help me add to this list. Correct anything you feel is wrong and contribute more on these examples if neccessary.