Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Isoraise meets deep LRR

This table had been somewhat short but was beginning to fill up. Most people seemed on the tight side, except the main villian in question here. He was 45/8/.9 and was kind enough open limp in LP quite a bit. I was using my normal isoraising standards (which are pretty close to my steal standards) and ended up isolating him quite a bit. Every time I did that, I c-bet the flop and every time he folded (about 6ish times in 9ish orbits). About 3 orbits prior to this hand, he check/raised me with A7 on an JT9 two suited board and showed after I folded my underpair. I haven't isolated him since. Where I'm going with this is that he may be on to me and may be starting to play back at me.

Against other players, the villian has called down with moderate hands like mid pair and A high after missing strong draws, but has donked in PFRers and PF3bettors with a flopped top pair or better, then called down after facing heavy aggression.

The BB has only been at the table a few hands and hasn't done anything noteworthy.

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero ???

At this point, I became confused and began to suspect a bluff/semi-bluff on the turn. Normally, I see people 3betting or capping preflop and checking/calling the flop so that they can check/raise the turn with top set. In this case though, the villian donked rather than let me bet on a card that doesn't seem to help him. The three hands I suspected were a big heart draw, a set of 7's, or a preflop bluff that just improved.