Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2006, 03:43 PM

Default Re: HOH3 Problem 1

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying a fold is bad. I'm not saying I'm attacking and pushing the first guy who looks at me the wrong way.

Sometimes I raise, more or less just to disguse real hands I would raise with later and FWIW I've just started experimenting with this again and I have not been real pleased with it.

Sometimes I limp here just to be involved in some cheap pots where I can catch a nice hand and win a big pot or to just work on my reads of the table, or to just give a little action so I can get some action when I do pick up an early hand.

I also will fold here sometimes. Because I don't want to get involved in a multi-way pot with no reads. As always it depends.

I just don't think there is a default play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you haven't been successful with it because it won't work in this situation. You're not disguising anything, being tricky, affecting metagame or whatever. You're spewing chips probably because it's so cool lately to be aggro at the start of a tournament to "accumulate chips." There are places for accumulating chips with this strategy (this is why DN and other pros were playing 80% of the hands at the WSOP this year) but this isn't the place.

Fairly balanced table + crappy hand by any standard + Dan Harrington/ Bill Robertie always start off the HoH books with easy problems = FOLD IT

This book is also marketed to beginners, so that's why this is in here.