Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2006, 06:34 PM

Default So we are not allowed to discuss the idea of a turbo tournament now?

Please don't be offended. If you don't want to discuss WW scoring systems, feel free not to read the thread.

On the off chance that this discussion is okay, I'd like to know what people didn't like about my scoring system:

[ QUOTE ]

Surviving members of the winning team : one point for each member of the opposing team that started the game.

Dead members of the winning team: 0 points

Memebrs of the loosing team : -1 point for each member of the surviving member of the winning team.

The total points awarded for each game is 0, so all games count the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume the problem is that it doesn't reward self-sacrifice plays, but I think that surviving should be a goal of the game. After all, what good is a village without warewolves if you aren't alive to see it.

If you really want a team game, then I would sugest one of the following systems:

WIN FAST

Winning team members (weather they survive or not):

(number of members of the loosing team) x (number of survivors from the winning team)

Loosing team members:
-(number of members of the winning team) x (number of survivors form the winning team)

JUST WIN:

members of the winning team (weather they survive of not)recieve one point for each member of the loosing team that started the game. Members of the loosing team loose on point for each member of the winning team that started the game.

I have posted these systems in the order in which I prefer them.

Does anyone have any better ideas. (If you thing scoring is a bad idea entirely, feel free to post why, but please don't get anoyed and ask that the thread be locked. After all, no one is making you read this thread.)