FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Muddy waters

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
find it very fascinating that all you anti-israeli's are so quick to jump to the defense of an anti-semite like this, even when it clearly is "Jews" that he is disparaging, and not "Israelis."

[/ QUOTE ]

Who jumped to his defence? Andy, who is moderately critical of Israel and Zionism, was highly critical of him. In another thread, I suggested there was good reason to think he should be banned, as I said TaintedRogue should be banned for anti-semitic remarks. Of the most prominent critics of Israeli actions on the board, did any defend Peter's anti-semitic posts? Out of myself, Cyrus, Chris, ACPlayer or Snowball? No, none of them did.

If people assume that you're calling someone an antisemite becasue they are critical of Israel when they really are an anti-semite (as Peter appears to be), it's at least partly becasue pro-Israeli posters conflate the two to smear legitimate posters so often.

[/ QUOTE ]

nicky.....

Stop making statements that might be beyond the intended recipients ability to comprehend.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also remember a significantly smaller amount of outrage (ie none) when Peter was busy referring to North Africans as dirty backwards people who deserved to be colonised and slaughtered by France.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not remember that thread, how long ago was it? (It is possible I was not yet posting in the politics forum at the time, ornot regularly enough anyway to catch it). By the way, I do agree that Peter deserves to be banned much more than Cyrus does. (However, i still support the decision to ban Cyrus as well).