Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2006, 11:48 AM

Default Hollywood Park - Floor in game

I was in LA with a friend this past week and we stopped by for a night of poker at Hollywood Park. We went there primarily because we had heard that they had a juicy 25-50 Stud game and my friend wanted to check it out.... I am not a Stud players and was just going there so my friend could play -- figured there is always a HE or O8 game I could sit in...

Anyway, after playing for a number of hours at this game, at around 2:45 AM, the manager who has been running the floor in the "high stakes" area for the entire time we were there asks for some chips and sits down in the stud game. My buddy is confused and asks if he is allowed to play and the floor guy responds that he is off in a few minutes and he is allowed to play when he is off.

Anyway, he is dealt in a few hands and then plays a pot that ends up heads up with my friend. There is some aggressive betting between the two of them and the floor guy takes down a substantial pot (Qs up beating Js up, but its not really important to the story). He is then dealt in and folds one or two more hands and leaves the table. He returns five minutes laters and starts racking his chips. He is then seen speaking to his replacement on the floor and getting ready to leave for the night.

Comments? Is this standard at Hollywood Park? Are employees (particularly management) allowed to play in the games there? Even if they are, is it ethical/good policy to hit-and-run in a game that you manage?