Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2006, 03:57 AM

Default Double-flop Hold \'em

Tell me what you think about this new twist on Texas Hold 'em I thought of last night. It'll play basically like Texas Hold 'em, except that after the first betting round two flops will be dealt instead of one. The remaining players will then vote on which flop to continue playing and the hand will proceed using the popular flop. In the event of a tied vote, the last person to have folded will select the flop. The method for voting is still up for discussion. Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Obviously the voting process adds a new level of hand reading/bluffing, etc. to the game.

2. Voting is a problem when played heads-up, so at that point the game reverts to standard Tex Hold 'em rules.

3. Having seen the "dead" board, you will have slightly more information about the cards that are out.

4. I guess this game is a little bit similar to Pineapple games and will probably attract the same type of player.

5. The tied vote could also be settled by dealing each board another "dead" card, with the highest dead card continuing.

6. This will obviously be added to the Big Game rotation by the end of the year.

What are your initial impressions of this game?
How can this game be improved?
How do you adjust your play for this game?