Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2006, 09:55 AM

Default Found Beatles Vinyls, Best Course of Action?

I was cleaning out my mother's basement over the weekend and happened upon a box that read "Dad's Books + Records". I opened it and found excellent condition first runs of 15 or so Beatles vinyls (as well as a bunch of other assorted awesomeness by Neil Young, Bread, etc.). My mother told me they are mine to do as I please. I immediately thought EBay, but my fiancee says that a antique record store would probably give me more money. Obviously there is an urge to just keep them as well.

I have never sold anything like this, and I know a bunch of people on this board have done the EBay thing and whatnot. I looked online for what these things are going for in PERFECT condition and that is about $31-$35 a piece. My albums do have my father's name written on the sleeve, but that is the only problem. Would dropping my asking price to around $25 be fair?

So, what is the better option:

Sell on Ebay with "buy it now" price for $25 a piece?

Sell to mom & pop used record store for no less than $25 a piece?

Keep them?

I also found an entire series of Hardy Boys books, but I am keeping those for my book collection.

Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated as I have never done this and I don't want to get ripped off.